June 20, 2009

My white 1988 Fiero GT

My 1988 Fiero GT - The last and best year. Its in showroom condition.































 













Here's my third Fiero - its a GT in white with matching ground effects and the black honeycomb and chrome wheels. It has grey bucket seats with the rare lumbar support option, automatic, air, cruise, rear wing, power windows, door locks, and mirrors. It has the 2.8L V6 that was standard in the GT model. Customizations: dark window tint, custom spare tire cover, custom Fiero floormats and that's all! Everything else is stock. Everything works; including the gauges and cold A/C. Option I wish it had: T-Tops
 
Its 26 years old and has only 53,000 ACTUAL miles.

I bought it in the midwest and trailered it all the way to sunny southern California. The undercarriage is flawless (never saw snow) and the paint is 99% perfect. (I suspect it had a new clear coat put on the front fascia, rear fascia, and rear wing, but the previous owner said it was never repainted which is supported by the maintenance records). Interior is 99% perfect and still smells like new. The car still has plastic covering the carpeting under the floor mats. The car had multiple owners, but was meticulously maintained. I got handwritten notes indicating that it had the oil changed with Mobil1 every 3,000 miles and the previous owner said it has NEVER been parked outdoors.

Fate: Its now parked in my garage next to another Fiero GT. And yes, I have a BIG garage! I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze another classic car in there too. That would be real sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I think I'm in love. This is exactly what I want. I'm getting ready to purchase a white 88GT pretty soon here, but I wish it looked like this. I envy you my friend.

    ReplyDelete